Wednesday 17 February 2010

The contact lense nightmare and resurgence in blogging interest

I nearly poked my eye out today while attempting to take contact lenses out for the first time. I pinched my eye several times, and after half an hour of stress and whimpering I had to get my kind flatmate to help me take the left contact out.

It was a nightmare, and I ended up looking like I'd been crying all day. I'm very scared of putting them back in again, but I have to master this, or how am I going to get along, blind, in Europe?

I called my dear mum and she said it took her four brands to get it right. That's a worry - this is my second brand already. My eye still hurts, but I'm going to make this work.

I am considering making this blog about something more than poetry ... maybe about my struggles with improving my writing. I've always been a "sprinter" in life, and this seems to be reflected in my writing. I never finish anything unless it can be done in one or two sittings.

If I just write whatever I feel like writing on here, then it might work. Poetry, prose, dialogue, my thoughts ... I might have to change the blog title.

I saw the movie Julie and Julia today, and I think that's what's sparked this resurgence of blogging interest. Fingers crossed my sprint turns in to a marathon run.

See ya later alligator
xxo

No comments: