Tuesday 9 February 2010

is contemplating emerald green and russet red

I want to croon, into the microphone, like it’s nobody’s business but yours.
Money isn’t real
Nothing can bring me down now, you’ve already brought out the big guns, is that all you’ve got?
You’ve already shown your hand, where do we go from here?
Nothing can bring me down, solid as a pound
Before you get excited, it won’t last long.
Before you take a look, I must warn you – illusions can be dangerous, to your state of mind.
Before you take a picture – remember how I feel.
Before you pluck that flower, remember the busy bee.
Before you wink at me, think how I might react.
Before, you pause, jump in.
Jump. Sometimes that’s the only thing you can do,
For unconventional smiles and silly feelings of giddiness and love.
Before the eleventh hour, take stock. It may be your last chance to fly in amber skies and swim through moving oceans.
And live.

No comments: